Monday 3 November 2014

Front suspension and crossmembers again!

Well, everything is now completed with the two crossmembers. I'm pretty pleased with how they've worked out. The transmission cross member has plenty of room around it for exhausts, shift cables, future maintenance etc:

 And the engine cross member has as much room around the mounts as I could get for exhaust clearances:


I've also finished the front suspension completely now. New bushes, balljoints, rotors, bearings, caliper rebuild etc. All painted in the tough 2k epoxy so it'll stay looking good for a very long time!
In the photo below, the stub axle is frosty with condensation as I froze them for 48 hours before installation, this ensures a nice, tight fit for the taper the stub axle and hub are connected by:

 And a couple of photos of the finished suspension. I'm a bit worried about the front spring stiffness. When jacking up under a control arm, they barely compress an inch before the body comes off the stands. I'm hoping there is a LOT more weight to go onto the front of the car still!:




No comments:

Post a Comment